Kidney and its Functions?
The kidney is the pair of body organs located towards your lower back. Which are fixed each side of your spine The kidney filter waste product from your blood and remove it from the body through urine It plays a great role in maintaining blood pressure and electrolyte balance. If kidneys stop performing its function then our body is not capable of removing waste products from the body and it can make us very sick.
Kidney or Renal Transplantation?
Kidney or renal transplantation is a surgical procedure which helps to treat kidney failure. In point of view of transplantation, the kidney is the most transplanted human organ.
What are Common Reasons for Kidney Transplantation or causes of Renal Failure?
- Out of manipulate diabetes,
- out of control immoderate blood sugar
- continual glomerulonephritis.
- Polycystic kidney illness
- Reflux nephropathy (damage because of urine backflow from the bladder into the ureters and kidney)
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Alport’s sickness
- Interstitial nephritis
- Kidney stones
- Prostate problem
Donors for Renal Transplantation?
- Living related donor – Parents, sibling, or son/daughter
- Living unrelated donor – Spouse, Spouse relative or Near friends
- Deceased donor – Already died person whose kidney in good condition
What are the instructions for Kidney Transplantation?
Firstly Nephrologist will evaluate patient and donor
From Second day onwards pre-transplantation workup will be done for both donor and Patient.
Within first week all pre-workup for transplantation will be done for both donor and recipient on OPD basis.
After completion of their pre-workup for transplantation. Donor and recipient needs to be hospitalized
Kidney Donor- Firstly donor will get general anesthesia. This indicates donor may be asleep and ache-loose. Surgeons will perform surgical cuts with laparoscopic strategies to dispose of the kidney.
Firstly recipient will get general anesthesia.
- The medical specialist makes a cut in the lower belly location.
- The specialist places the new kidney in the decrease belly. The artery and vein of the new kidney are connected to the artery and vein in the pelvis. Now transplanted kidney will perform the kidney functions, which makes urine similar to kidneys did before they had been healthy. The tube that consists of urine (ureter) is then connected to the bladder.r.
- Failed kidney remains at their place if it is not causing any problem.
Patient and donor need to brought below mention document from their home country:
- Passport in original of the donor and recipient and an attested photocopy of the same.
- Medical Visa is mandatory for Patient & Donor.
- Donor’s legal Guardian’s (Next to Keen) presence is mandatory.
- Affidavit by the donor from their native court.
- Doctor’s Certificate from for requirement of Kidney Transplantation.
- No objection Certificate from Consulate General / High Commission.
- Donor guardian’s affidavit for donating the kidney.